Do you suffer from food poisoning or diarrhea even when you don’t eat out? Certainly, there is something wrong with your home food or maybe the kitchen. If the micro-organisms cannot be seen by the naked eye that doesn’t mean that they are not threats. These invisible threats hanging around secretly in your kitchen contaminate your food and cooking and thereby affect your health adversely.
Some tips that will help you keep your kitchen safe and healthy are discussed below:
- Clean the unnecessary mess from kitchen surfaces and floors. The electronic gadgets and appliances which are of no use for you should be removed from the kitchen. And make sure you store them in a place out of a kid’s reach. This will ensure safety and health.
- If your refrigerator is not clean, you for sure are eating bad food. Before bring your week’s fruits and vegetable or any other food stuff, do clean your refrigerator otherwise it can turn into a dwelling for bacteria and fungi. Contaminated food can make you fall sick.
- Even if it is a dustbin, it should be cleaned every day. Also, the dustbin should contain a cover so as to avoid insects and flies which gets attracted with the rubbish smell. Though it is an icky job, still clean your bin regularly.
- Make sure you wash the utensils with water before using it because germs might have accumulated even after you washed them before.
- Use different chopping boards for your vegetables and your meat. This helps in reducing the effect of micro-organisms and clean the chopping board carefully after use as raw food possess higher tendency of being contaminated by bacteria.
To stay fit and healthy and avoid disease you should make certain that you clean your kitchen every day.